NOTE: THIS IS A FAST EVOLVING PROGRAM, stay tuned for updates!
Monday, November 17th (9-11AM)
Welcome: What’s calling us to action?
- Melanie St.James – Summit Convener, Founder, Empowerment WORKS
- Bill Shireman – CEO of Future500, Summit Co-Host
The global conversation begins
- Champion Panel on WOMEN, POWER, MONEY & POLITICS
- The Operating System of the world is changing; and its changing fast. How to Rewire our Head, Hand and Heart to Metabolise any Crisis into Collective Creativity.
Activating the Nexus – Introducing 2014 Intersections (2014 proposed whole system solution councils +):
- CLIMATE CHANGE, Food Security & Health
- DIGITAL CURRENCY, Government & the New Economy
- HOUSING, Urbanization, and People of Place
SEED Day 1 – Part 2 – Monday Afternoon Plenary (3:45-5pm)
Global Community Dialogue: Visionary strategies and solutions – foundation for mass collaboration.
- In the face of unprecedented breakdowns and challenges to economic, social and environmental systems worldwide, how do we, as individuals and communities, bring about positive change where all else has failed?
Beyond Rio: Co-Creating a Plan of Action for Resiliency and Global Security
- Moving beyond symptoms, change-agents from the front-lines find the real reasons behind the issues.
- If we were to truly eliminate poverty and add another 2 billion people to the planet, what type of system would we need?
Tuesday, Nov 18th – Morning Plenary (9am – 11am)
Part 1: From Vision to Action for Evolutionary Change
Day 1 Report: Community Champions – Celebrating Breakthroughs
What it takes: Critical Information, Tools and Sustainable Systems
- What makes us tick? Profitable Carrots and Moral Imperative Sticks – Enticing the old paradigm to shift
- Happiness 9-5, Freedom at Work and Why it Works…Passion as Business?
Part 2: Putting the Pieces Together
Shareholder Value & Capitalism vs. Ethical Entrepreneurship, & the Rise of Social Enterprise
- Know that ultimate power lay with consumers to change business and citizens to change government.
Tuesday Afternoon SEED Closing Plenary (3:35-5pm)
THE FOLLOW UP PLAN: IGNITING COMMUNITY-LED SOLUTIONS 365
- Synergy Prize & Community Champions Report
- Emergent system and breakthroughs revealed
- Collaboration tools and commitments to measure impact through 2014 and beyond
Closing ceremony – music, dance, collaboration
- Performances/ Post Event Soiree TBA