5 Impact Teams ~ gather the partners, skills & tools you need to achieve!
Across the three day bridge-building and solution generating Open Innovation Forum, we’ll unite genius, energy and action to move your work and our movement forward around the below Team Challenges, through the lens of a Post-Carbon future.
In each team, up to 40 cross-sector leaders engage in 7 peer-to-peer interactive dialogue & workshop sessions (75 min each) addressing local needs while contributing to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to transform our world by 2030. **see SDGs per Team below.
By the end of day three, each Team will select three champions to take breakthrough solutions forward in for the follow on Hackathon; representing: 1) on the ground (business or initiative); 2) Legal or policy proposal; 3) technological solution. With fresh support of technologists, legal, business and other domain experts for implementation beyond), solutions will be prototyped and refined for presentation to a local and global audience in the final Global Pitch event (the evening Aug. 17, 2020).
ONE OCEAN: Unifying challenge to save life on Earth
- From the air we breath to the way we move around the blue planet One Ocean connects us all. A special Impact Team created for 2020 in celebration of Japan’s maritime culture and seizing a critical opportunity to turn the tide of mass extinction. Stay tuned for details or better yet, contact us to co-create. **SDGs 6, 13, 11, 14
FEMINOMICS: How we all win by investing in women
- Co-create economics that work for all – from Micro Finance to Fortune500s. Explore how the intersection of women’s leadership, feminine values, legal systems, new business models and high impact investing can drive a more inclusive and circular economy. Connect and share practices, technology and tools to move us toward a just and flourishing world. **SDGs 1, 8, 15, 16
WELLBEING 360: Evolving Food, Health & Lifestyles
- A healthy world starts with us. Considering Japan’s demographic shifts, opportunities of AI for Healthcare in Society 5.0, and work/life balance, we will explore how the health of our own bodies & minds impacts and is impacted by the plants and animals, and the health of society. How might we combine ancient methods and new technology to support body, mind and spirit? From sourcing real food to cultivating vitality to empowered living. **SDGs 2, 3, 6, 12
THRIVING CITIES: Regenerative, human centered design for all
- With over 60% of humanity destined for the metropolis, what will it take for humanity to thrive? What is the role of art and culture in energy, waste, water and the built environment? Following the pace-setting examples and challenges faced in Japan we’ll explore leading edge innovations, new opportunities for increased social mobility from city to village, and what ancient wisdom has to teach us about meaningful work and play. **SDGs 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 12, 13.
Learning 4.0: Igniting the era of Innovation
- What is the new role of education in the 21st century and how must it transform? We’ll explore ways innovation in learning can work to level the playing field and drive opportunities in a new economy. From school, to the workplace to the community kitchen, find out and create how new formal and informal education models, tools & technologies to increase unlock human potential, ignite purpose and deepen daily joy. **SDGs 1, 4, 5, 10
How it WORKS:
Using 7 Stages to Sustainability (7SS) as a framework for action, cross-sector delegates unite, exchange breakthrough technologies, and mutually advance – tangible, immediate – and – longer-term, critical mass – solutions.